Happy 1st Birthday, Ri!! Love you loads, Mummy x
So Ri turned one, two weeks ago and his birthday party/ naming ceremony left me so exhausted that I just could not muster the energy to write a post. I am extremely happy with the memories that the party has created but I am also pleased that it is over. I spent so long seeking inspiration, planning and organising the event, then the delivery was over so quickly.
As Ri has now turned one, I have an opportunity to reflect on spending the last year with him. He is an amazing child who is extremely contented and knows how to light up a room. When Ri is about you cannot but smile as he is so infectious that he has that effect on you. This period of thought has inspired me to consider words of wisdom that I would like to share with both Ri and Ru as they grow. As a mother who wants to raise men that are respectable, empathetic individuals; who do not bottle up their emotions and function well in society I have listed five words of wisdom that I want to remind my boys every year.
- Be You – Whoever that may be. I want you to never feel like, you have to alter, compromise or change yourself to fit in. You are amazing as you are and need to remember this. At times life may try to put you into a box or give you a label that does not match. Do not ever feel that you have to conform to those standards, instead remain true to you and your values.
- Every day is a new beginning – Try not to think about the mistakes or failures of yesterday. As the day ends and the sun rises, each day provides a new chance at success and achievement. Enjoy the journey that each day brings and see any challenges as lessons to learn. Do not dwell on yesterday, take notes and use these as improvement for your next opportunity.
- I am so proud of you – I am your biggest cheerleader and only want you to succeed in life. I may not always understand and appreciate the choices that you make in your life, but I will accept them. Your life is your opportunity to leave a legacy on this earth. No matter what you choose to do, as long as you stay true to yourself – I will always be proud of you.
- I love you unconditionally – I love you unconditionally, no matter were your life takes you my love will always follow. This does not mean if you make poor choices that I will not reprimand you, but it does mean that this love may at times be tough. Sometimes my love will not be in the form of a cuddle or words of warmth. Instead it might be myself making a tough choice and you receiving words of truth that you do not want to hear. Despite this whatever the future brings, know that I do, will and always love you!
- Don’t put up a wall – Always tell the people who you love in your life that you do so. Never bottle up your emotions, instead express how you feel. Never feel that you cannot talk to me about whatever you may be experiencing or trying to deal with. I may not have the answers, but together I am sure we can come up with a solution. Life is a blessing and time is short – spend it with those you love and never hold back as tomorrow is not certain. Your main efforts and time should always be spent enjoying time with the people you care about, not posing on social media trying to get more likes from unknown people who do not care about you. Use social media sparingly and remember what you see on there is never a true reflection of life. Talk to people, not through an app or phone but actually sit down, meet and speak to people. Stay truly connected without the use of a device.
Can you think of any other words of wisdom I should be sharing with my boys? If so, please comment below.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you could spread it by sharing. Thank you x